In order to plan and visualize the app’s features I usually created wireframes first, containing the related user journeys and click-streams. Based on these, I built hi-fi interactive prototypes for stakeholder reviews.
During the compilation of the interface components my aim was to make the user actions as intuitive as possible, hence I kept the action buttons hierarchically organized, grouped and consistent across the pages.
To make the UI flexible and adjustable for future development I compiled a custom coded pattern library for the design elements and a prototype library for the interface elements.
There were several segments of the platform available only for a specific group of users. Based on discussions with the marketing team I applied a slightly modified version of the brand theme on these segments to make them perfectly optimized for the target audience.
To help the users easily navigate both within the application and on the webpage, and also to support the marketing efforts, I created consistent color and icon strategy applied across the pages.
Several external components of the application needed to be designed for easy usage. I gave a consistent layout for the company’s browser and WordPress plugin, and also later on for the analytics page and exporter component to increase the user experience.
In order to support the company’s marketing efforts I created branded flowcharts, slideshows presentations and product mock-ups.